Monday, January 9, 2017

#8 - Monday, 9 January 2017 | Hoffman Estates, Illinois

This morning I was surprised by a text message informing me that my truck had finally arrived at the dealer in Huntley, IL. The dealer had no idea it was coming and had prepared to work a trade with an out of state dealer in order to meet the January 17 deadline I gave them based on the production date for my travel trailer. I spent a couple hours at the dealer at midday and spent the afternoon familiarizing myself with my new vehicle.

My stepdad Joel, sister Lisa and brother-in-law Randy are going to Riviera Maya near Cancun, Mexico on January 20th. Since my parrot Jesse is a resident at Joel's house until I return from Asia on February 25, and Joel is headed to Mexico, I have to be back to take care of her by the 21st. So I will spend tomorrow installing my bed rug and tonneau cover. Wednesday the truck will be getting body and interior treatments and I'll pack and prepare to depart. Then I will leave here Thursday and drive to the Atlanta area. On Friday I will drive to southwest of Miami. Then I will spend the weekend and the beginning of next week exploring the Everglades and Keys. I once thought I'd spend all of January in southern Florida and am just going for a week or so now because I need to hit the road and seek some warmth.

I'll be back in the Chicago area by Saturday the 21st, which is pretty close to when my RV should be ready. I'll then spend a few days getting it all loaded and organized and then make a return to Florida for some more exploring. I'll be storing the RV near Tampa by about February 4th and then return to Chicago yet again for my Asia trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment