Friday, January 20, 2017

#15 - Thursday, 19 January 2017 | Bowling Green, Kentucky

My little sortie to Florida to break in the new truck and familiarize myself with it is coming to a close. I am in Bowling Green, Kentucky having breakfast in my hotel and will soon begin the six and a half hour journey back to Chicagoland. Yesterday, I left the very warm Macon, Georgia after getting my first oil change and drove north listening to the third book of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones, Book 3 - A Storm of Swords). I stopped at a rest area in southern Tennessee near Monteagle. The weather was significant cooler, especially for someone still garbed in t-shirt, shorts and sandals. It was a bit of a sad visit there as my late and beloved dog Taylor was from Monteagle and I rescued her when I was living in Nashville. The weather had become gloomy and so was my mood thinking of memories of my amazing pooch. She really was the best friend. 

The weather turned worst south of Nashville and it became difficult to see in the downpour. Accidents caused traffic delays and my ETA at my Bowling Green hotel got later and later. I had thought about having lunch in my old Nashville hometown, but decided to forge ahead and have a late lunch/early dinner upon arrival at my destination, which is what I had been doing the past few days. The Country Inn & Suites Hotel is by far the nicest of the trip, but I didn't get to enjoy the amenities as after my early dinner I just showered and laid in bed writing a letter to someone very special. Then I dozed off early and woke at like 2 a.m. with a pounding headache. I likely didn't drink enough water during yesterday's drive.

Before I made it to Kentucky I called my salesman at General RV and inquired about the status of my travel trailer. It apparently was completed at the factory this week as scheduled and was now at the distribution center in Indiana. It's close by and I am awaiting word on when I can pick it up.

I hope you have had a chance to enjoy the photos I posted on Instagram during the trip. I hope to resume my southern travels before long and it is now less than 20 days until I leave for Borneo & Malaysia. 

All the best, M

No comments:

Post a Comment