Thursday, December 22, 2016

#4 - Thursday, 22 December 2016 | Algonquin, Illinois

Even the best laid plans ...

Yesterday afternoon I received the disappointing news that due to Coachmen RV factory set backs my travel trailer will not come off the factory line until January 17. This was the bad news after good news during some morning research that led me to believe that the 2017 F-150 trucks with the second-generation 3.5L EcoBoost V6 and new 10-speed automatic transmission (my ordered model) had begun to ship.

When life gives you lemons make lemonade ...

So... once I have the truck and am able to get the spray-in bedliner taken care of and install the Extang tonneau cover that John Apple so generously gifted me, I will hit Florida with tent and sleeping bag. I'm easy. I just need warmth and wildlife. I need to capture images, hike, pick my guitar around a campfire, catch spiders and snakes. The adventure just got more adventurous. I can't leave now as I can't put more miles on my CUV that I am trading in. I need to wait for the truck. Assuming that the RV was available for pickup around January 24, I will just have to drive back from Florida to get it and then return to the south. I will want to use it for a week or so and then store it in southern Florida where the pipes won't freeze while I am in Malaysia. Extra miles, yes, but they will be done in style in my tricked out shiny new truck.

Happy holidays to you and yours, MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment